29PC USA HSS Magnum Super Premium Drill Bits
HSS Magnum Super Premium Drill Bits - A drill with its thin web will penetrate the work hardening stainless fast enough to continually cut beneath the chip which is hardening from deformation. This means the drill is cutting softer steel. The cobalt drill, with its thick web, cannot be fed at a fast enough rate to cut beneath the area which is hardening. As a result the cobalt drill is continually drilling into hardened steel.
- From 1/16" to 1/2" by a1/64th
- Tri-Flat Shank For Sure Grip. Tri-Flat Start From 5/32" to 1/2'', total of 23 Bits
- 135 Degree Split Point
- USA Made Huot Index
- Substantially longer cutting life
- The nitro-carburized flute has an increased Rockwell hardness.
- Cuts harder materials
- The flatter point takes a smaller chip. More torque is directed to a smaller area. This allows drilling into materials with hardness of over 30 on the Rockwell "C" scale.
- Stops drill walking
- The split point design gives accurate starting without the use of a center punch.
- Holds tighter hole size
- The split point design is self centering. This limits the normal oversize drilling characteristics.
- Runs cooler, uses less torque
- 135° point takes a smaller chip resulting in less heat. Friction is reduced by amber gold surface treatment.
- Stops chuck slippage
- Flats on drill shanks allow easy positive chuck grip