3M 7447 Scotch-Brite Maroon General Purpose Hand Pad
Sold in 20 Packs
- Superior alternative to steel wool, wire brushes, sandpaper, and other non- woven products for cleaning or finishing tasks
- Very fine grade aluminum oxide abrasive cleans, finishes, grains, denibs, and defuzzes
- Suitable for use on wood, metal, plastics, ceramics, porcelain, glass, rubber, or composites
- Reusable pad resists tearing, splintering, shredding, loading and will never rust, providing a long, useful life
- Can be folded, stacked, or rolled for effective cleaning or conditioning on flat, irregular, or contoured surfaces
Offers Precise Hand Control The performance of Scotch-Brite General Purpose Hand Pad 7447 is comparable to steel wool grade 1. However, unlike steel wool, our Scotch-Brite pads won't shred during use, rust after use, or create fine metal splinters. The non-woven, open-web material resists loading and can be used dry, with water or solvents, and rinsed clean for reuse.This multipurpose 6 x 9" pad can be used by hand for precise control, with a hand pad block for uniform finishing, or on an in-line sander to cover large areas.Hand held abrasive bends and curves to round out your finish.
May Be Used on a Variety of Substrates This maroon hand pad uses aluminum oxide abrasive. Aluminum oxide is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its cut-rate and long life. This mineral is a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges in use, whereas traditional abrasives, such as garnet, quickly wear down with use. Due to its high cut-rate, hardness, strength, and low heat retention, aluminum oxide mineral is widely used in grinding applications in addition to sanding and finishing use. Aluminum oxide is suitable on a wide variety of substrates in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys.
Many Benefits of Open-Web Abrasives Our Scotch-Brite & trade industrial abrasive products are a unique surface conditioning product with abrasives incorporated into non-woven nylon or other synthetic fibers. Combining abrasives into the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material is load resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibers.
JagTouch JFT Foam Nitrile Glove - 12 Pack$44.99
2" Premium Quick Change Surface Conditioning Disc - 50 PackMSRP:Was:Now: $54.99 - $59.99
6" x 79" Ceramic Sanding BeltMSRP:Was:Now: $23.39 - $39.99